I love an article with no introduction, one that just gets to the point. No sugar. No rainbows. At CluedIn, we just have one simple question.
If your company sounds like this….let’s talk.
- Ingrained hierarchy, status based positions. If knowledge doesn’t flow down, then knowledge won’t flow up.
- The lack of time to put in the effort to share knowledge.
- Fear of being made redundant by not having domain knowledge that others don’t have.
- Inability to capture knowledge e.g meetings, discussions and more.
- Poor communication infrastructure.
- Little or no awareness of the value and benefit of possessed knowledge to others.
- Lack of trust in the accuracy and credibility of knowledge due to the source.
- The “purple monkey dishwasher issue” of knowledge being blurred as it gets passed through the chains of communication
- Lack of organizational visibility on company goals and the vision for the company
- Communication and knowledge flows are restricted. This is typically known as the “top-down” model.
- Insufficient cross department communication e.g. Sales talking to Development.
- A naturally comfortable suite of tools to help with making knowledge sharing easier and more intuitive.
- Information Silos! Lack of properly integrated IT applications.
- Tool overload….lots of tools that work well individually, but don’t complement each other.
- Company bound tools suites i.e. “You must use tool X and application Y”.
- The feeling that you are operating as individuals, not as a company.
Sign up for a personal demo today at https://www.cluedin.net